If you want your home to look more welcoming, you should think of innovative ways of beautifying it. Playing with things like colour, texture, and shapes can make a whole difference in how your room looks.
How to Make it Work
- Play with colour: As much as the push for neutrality when it comes to colour is common, the emerging trend is for people to play with colour. You can go bold with yellow, reds, luminous green and colours that will add more character to your room.
- Add mirrors: Mirrors are often used to make a room look bigger. They also add give the room a unique look, especially if they are giving a reflection of a beautiful piece in the room. They can also be used to bounce off the light to make the room look well lit.
- Put accessories: An interesting way of getting the room to look different is by adding accessories. Putting things like rugs, wall hangings, vases, and flowers help in beautifying the room. The accessories also bring a sense of style and help you put a personal touch to your room. For instance, if you are going for a vintage theme, you can add some vintage accessories to it.
- Add plants: To put a breath of life in your room, you should add some greenery in the form of plants. You can also plant some flowers to fill in some rooms, Making the pots where you put the pots to be stylish and colourful is another way of beautifying your room.
- Reduce clutter: The basics of having a beautiful room is reducing clutter. Resist the temptation to pile everything together in an attempt to bring life to your room. Focus on the basics, and leave some space so that your room does not end up looking untidy.